Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Now Boosted from factory

Liked 393 Times in 238 Posts

Now Boosted from factory

I spent several weeks browsing and researching a replacement for my 2008 Taurus.

Ended up finding a steal of a deal on a 2013 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost AWD with 29k miles on it. Color is Kodak Brown Metallic with dark charcoal interior.
    3.5L TT V6 365hp/350tq on 93 octane but will run on 87 octane 10-12hp/tq decrease on lower octane. Will be doing a tune from LMS, LMS intake, 3-bar map sensor, 160 degree t-stat, colder plugs, upgraded hot/cold pipes, oil catch can/breather setup and some type of custom cat-back exhaust system. Which should be good for 110-120whp and 140-150wtq increase.

<--- BiRDMAN

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

BUCKWHEAT (10-07-2017), justbob (06-28-2017), whitey (06-30-2017)

Senior Member 4Doors4MoarWhores's Avatar
    Liked 632 Times in 296 Posts
    Buy the 3bar from rock auto it's much cheaper. Good looking car I like the color.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Liked 2,133 Times in 1,268 Posts
    What a sweet ride no doubt. Love the color, classy looks and power to be had. Wish my wife would let me mod her SHO.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.
    Boost did not get me laid. :(
    But it got me from point A to point B faster.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Doors4MoarWhores View Post
    Buy the 3bar from rock auto it's much cheaper. Good looking car I like the color.
    Good call on the 3bar, got the Motorcraft p/n and it's $30 cheaper than what some performance sites are selling it for. Wasn't a big fan of the color at first but it's growing on me since it looks black until you get right up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guspech750 View Post
    What a sweet ride no doubt. Love the color, classy looks and power to be had. Wish my wife would let me mod her SHO.
    The 2013 model had a front/rear refresh, I liked previous fascia but loving the body lines the more I look at it. At least have her let you do the catch can system.
    <--- BiRDMAN

Why did you go with LMS? Considering tuning the SHO. I think I'll go with unleashed if I do.

Liked 39 Times in 20 Posts
    Nice ride! I'm getting a tune for the wife's EB Flex from brewcityboost.com.
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052
    Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it.

Why did you go with LMS? Considering tuning the SHO. I think I'll go with unleashed if I do.
    I haven't ordered anything yet, it's either LMS or Torrie @ Unleashed. Both are the top tuners for EB cars with proven track records and reviews from customers. I may go with Unleashed only because I have an unmarried SCT X4 that I could use.
    <--- BiRDMAN

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlraven View Post
    I haven't ordered anything yet, it's either LMS or Torrie @ Unleashed. Both are the top tuners for EB cars with proven track records and reviews from customers. I may go with Unleashed only because I have an unmarried SCT X4 that I could use.
    Got ya. Didn't like that LMS uses their own device that you can't log with but that's just my opinion. I have a k&n intake on my car only reason I bought it was because it was a cheap open box item at summit. Made no difference just makes sweet turbo noises.

Got ya. Didn't like that LMS uses their own device that you can't log with but that's just my opinion. I have a k&n intake on my car only reason I bought it was because it was a cheap open box item at summit. Made no difference just makes sweet turbo noises.
    Yeah that is one main I don't like about LMS compared to Unleashed that uses SCT stuff. I want to have access to all the parameters, if I screw something up well that's on me. Unleashed sells two tunes for $150 if you have your own device so I may be going that way now cause its cheaper and I already have a tuner. After reading up on the EB forums a lot of people stick with the stock airbox, some stay stock filter, others change to an aftermarket oiled or dry element drop in. Now if the person is going all out they change it to an open cone filter.
    <--- BiRDMAN

Is the air box the same between the mks and sho? If so I have an aem drop in you can have.